FCC Catalyst Attrition Tester
Click to download the datasheet
FCC Catalyst BAT ABAT.pdf
Vinci - Technologies offers specific equipment geared towards determining the attrition of powdered catalysts in fluidized beds as per the ASTM D5757 standard. This technology is particularly suited to FCC catalysts (fresh or steamed) of sizes ranging from 10 to 180 microns. Attrition is measured by subjecting samples to fluidization with humid air jets and the percentage of fines after a 5 hour test is given by the Air Jet Attrition (AJI).
A manual and automated versions are avaliable with the same measurement accuracy. The automated version allows the monitoring, control and recording of parameters such as operating pressure (upstream & downstream fluidized bed reactor), temperature, flow rate hygrometry, sample and fine weights by the help of external weight scale and experiment time.
* Controlled air flow at a 0,5 kg/cm2 gage with 35% humidity content (obtained by bubbling in a 25 cm high water column) and at room temperature.
* Flow is restricted to 10L/min.
* An attrition disengagement section made up of an attrition tube (made from sapphire for rigidity and which allows air flow) and disengaging tubes which allow for the separation of the catalyst and the fines.
* A fines collection section including a specific filtering collector and a hygrometer.
* Dimensions of the equipment comply with the requirements of the ASTM method.